Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks
- Integrated Mixer
- Compatible with Optional Zoom Mics
- Resolution: 24-Bit/192 kHz
- Four Combo XLR-1/4" Inputs
- High-Quality Preamps with Phantom Power
- Built-In Limiters on Every Input/Output
- Easy-to-Read LCD Display
- Included AC & DC-HIROSE Adapters
- Includes Cubase LE and Wavelab LE
- VR & Ambisonic Compatible
The Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks is a lightweight, rugged recorder capable of capturing high-quality sound to take your audio to the next level. Featuring 6 inputs and 8 track recording, the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks offers recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz with super-low-noise microphone preamps. The super low noise floor of -127 dBu EIN and high gain of up to 75dB along with the Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator creates a high-senisitivty recording environment that supports pinpoint accuracy time and video syncing. The onboard limiters and easy-to-read LCD on the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder with Timecode - 6 Inputs / 8 Tracks means you can control your sound in a large variety of dynamic sound environments making monitoring audio a breeze.
The advanced on-board limiters provide overload protection for all inputs and outputs, which lets you capture audio in a wide range of environments. Limiting can be applied simultaneously at full resolution with 10 dB of headroom and features controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
The F4 offers four combo XLR-1/4" inputs, a 1/8" stereo input, and includes a Zoom mic-capsule input for recording six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix, all at full 24-bit/192 kHz resolution. With gain linking capability between the various inputs, the F4 is suitable for recording audio in VR formats, specifically Ambisonics. Plug in a mic like the Sennheiser AMBEO, for example, and you'll find you can control all four capsules at once from the F4, and thus, capture the 360° audio necessary for immersive entertainment.
Additionally, inputs 5/6 can function as a camera return for audio-monitoring only for confidence checks, or can accept two additional mic/line signals via the EXH-6 combo input capsule (available separately). The dual-SD card slot features simultaneous recording to both cards allowing you to make a backup or split recording with all eight tracks on one card and a stereo mix on the other.
Each of the four XLR-1/4" inputs offers a dedicated preamp with gain control, phantom power, a six-segment LED level meter, plus a Record Ready and PFL switch. In addition to the 1/4" headphone output with a dedicated volume control, the F4 provides two main balanced XLR outputs, as well as two sub outs on a single unbalanced 1/8" stereo mini-jack, enabling easy connection to a camera. All timecode I/O is provided on BNC connectors and the unit includes a variable-frequency slate-tone generator to confirm levels.
The front panel offers an output button, which provides quick access to the unit's outputs, while the option button offers quick access to TC Jam, Trim Link, Clear Clip and other important shortcuts. An easy-to-read 1.9" LCD display is suitable for use in all lighting environments including dark low-light sets to bright sunlight. The on-board mixer not only provides user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay, but also offers high-pass filtering for noise and wind reduction, phase inversion, and Mid-Side decoding. The F4 ships with a camera-mount adapter, a DHC-1 DC-HIROSE adapter, an AC power adapter, and download codes for Cubase LE and Wavelab LE.
- Six-input/ eight-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- Six discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic-capsule input
- Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only, or can accept two additional mic/line signals via the EXH-6 combo input capsule (available separately)
- Can record in Ambisonics mode for capturing audio for VR
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96, 88.2 , 48, and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952/48.048 kHz for HD-video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate timecode (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop-frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8 x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain-control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48/+24V) on every preamp
- High-pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 ms per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dedicated headphone output (100mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR-balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
- 1.9” white, backlit monochrome LCD
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512GB each
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in tripod mount; camera-mount adapter also included
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)