The Zacuto Z-Finder EVF PRO Electronic View Finder
is a 3.2" high resolution monitor that is used in conjunction with all the Z-Finder models. The Z-Finder EVF is a complete model that includes a high-resolution 800 x 480 monitor as well as a Z-finder Pro with adjustable diopter and Anti-fog. The EVF is compatible with all cameras with an HDMI output including the Canon HDSLR line 5D MK II, 7D, 60D etc, Panasonic AF-100 and Sony F3. The Zacuto EVF allows you to operate an HDSLR camera or any camera with an HDMI port, with the correct form factor for video with the camera "in-line" to your rod system (the most stable way) and your eye in the Z-Finder offset. Zacuto designed the EVF to enhance the stability of your camera package, give you better resolution, allow you to get your eye where it most comfortably needs to be, enable low mode shooting, shorten your camera package, have your EVF in the back of a dolly or crane, detached from the rig for car shots and more.
The Zacuto EVF is powered by an LP-E6 style battery, this battery will power your EVF for 5.2 hours.
The Zacuto EVF has an HDMI typ 'A' in, and an HDMI type 'A' loop out. This feature means that you can view your image on the EVF's 800 x 480 screen, and you can also loop the signal out to an external monitor or device such as the Teradek Cube.
The EVF also features a scaling function that corrects for the aspect ratio so you can fill the screen with your image when using certain DSLR cameras.
Zacuto EVF Specifications
EVF Menu Features
Other features include:
- Pixel to Pixel
- Image Flip
- Exposure Assist- Zebra stripes indicate a user settable IRE level; 2 separate levels can be set. For example: one can be set for 55 IRE, which approximates properly exposed skin tone while the other IRE can be set at 100 to indicate pure white and the point just before over exposed signal clipping.
- Focus Assist- Peaking: Focus Assist enhances edge sharpening making in focus objects stand out. This makes critical focus immediately easier to see.
- Blue Only: Blue only gives you the ability to view the blue channel only. This is a professional feature used while viewing SMPTE color bars for monitor calibration.
- Anamorphic: The anamorphic setting will ﾓun-squeeze" the anamorphic image produced by the anamorphic lens for viewing in the EVF.
- Frame Line Generators: The aspect ratio frame lines included are, 1.33:1 (4x3), 1.66:1 (15x9), 1.78:1 (16x9), 1.85:1 (35mm theatrical), 2.35:1 (Cinemascope) and a ﾓrule of thirds" grid
- Scaling: Zacuto's EVF has the ability to auto scale, manually scale or recall a camera specific or custom preset. The first image is an example of what you would see from the video signal with a Canon 5D with monitors and EVFﾒs without the auto scaling feature. The second image is the EVFﾒs auto scaling feature, in which the image is un-squeezed, if necessary and retains the pillar box crop. The third image is a camera specific preset that expands the image and utilizes the entire width and resolution of the display screen. Included are presets for all common DSLR cameras on the market. You can also manually scale the image for a custom aspect or crop and save that setting for future use.
- Brightness & Contrast
- Audio Meters
- Battery Level Indicator: You can choose to have the battery level icon on or off. If you choose to have the battery level icon off, the indicator will appear automatically when the battery power reaches 10% remaining.
- 3 assignable function buttons
- Live menu preview: While changing menu items, you will see a live preview of the changes.
- USB firmware upgradable
- 2 Standard HDMI ports: 2 Class "A" HDMI ports are located on the right side of the EVF for loop through to another monitor or device
Always use the provided Z-finder Lens Cap when not in use. The Zacuto EVF will now include a black mask to help reduce the amount of stray light entering the viewfinder. Be aware that direct sunlight entering through the Z-finder may cause damage to the EVF's LCD screen