Sony PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder w/ 18-105mm Zoom Lens
- Super35-Sized CMOS Sensor, E-Mount
- 4K/2K Raw Output with External Recorder
- Full HD up to 120 fps, 240 fps Burst
- Electronic Variable ND Filter
- Dual Media Card Slots
- Optional External Recorder
- 18 to 105mm Zoom Lens Included
The Sony PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder w/ 18-105mm Zoom Lens features a familiar body style with improved capabilities. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) enables both an HDR (high dynamic range) and SDR (standard dynamic range) in-camera workflow for flexibility in post and delivery. Newly tuned picture tone settings provide improved image control. The Sony XDCAM PXW-FS5M2K - Camera w/ 18-105mm G OSS Lens camera records internally to dual media card slots and can continuously capture HD at up to 120 fps, with 8-second long bursts at 240 fps. Raw 4K recording is available with the addition of optional external recorders that also allow 4K recording at 50 and 60p. The included 18 to 105mm optical zoom lens features a Sony E-mount and covers the APS-C format. It is equipped with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, and maintains a constant f/4 aperture.
This camera offers high frame rate (HFR) cache recording at Full HD 10-bit 4:2:2 image quality, and a frame rate of up to 240 fps 8-second cache recording on to SDXC cards. The FS5M2 also records continuous 120 fps internally in Full HD. Higher frame rates of 480 and 960 fps are possible at specific resolutions. The Sony XDCAM PXW-FS5M2K - Camera w/ 18-105mm G OSS Lens delivers slow-motion imagery, including four seconds of 120 fps in 4K and continuous 240 fps in 2K raw when used with a compatible third-party external recorder.
On top of these features, the 18-105MM G OSS lens is equipped with Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to help reduce the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. The lens benefits from an internal focus design that ensures that the overall length of the lens does not change during focusing. Additionally, it offers a minimum focus distance of 1.5' and uses a seven-blade circular diaphragm.
- A versatile mid-range zoom for APS-C-format E-mount cameras, this 18-105mm lens provides a wide-angle to short telephoto 27-157.5mm equivalent focal length that works for anything from vast landscapes to tight portraits to distant subjects.
- A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements, including one Advanced Aspherical (AA), are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- Enjoy smooth zooms ideal for shooting movies with the power zoom mechanism which uses Handycam technology from Sony's well-regarded camcorders.
- An internal focus design contributes to fast autofocus speeds and the minimum focus distance of 1.5' and easier handling as the lens maintains its overall length.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
PXW-FS5M2 4K XDCAM Super 35mm Compact Camcorder
E PZ 18-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
You may also be interested in
Canon EOS C200 EF w/ Prime Lens Bundle$10,499.00
Canon ME20F-SH Cinema Package$20,999.00
Canon EOS C200 EF Mount Cinema Camera$7,499.00
Canon EOS C300 MK II PL Cinema Camera$9,999.00
Canon ME20F-SH Camera$19,999.00
Canon EOS C200 PL Mount Cinema Camera$7,499.00
Canon EOS C300 MK II Cinema Camera$9,999.00