- Paypal Credit
PolarPro 46mm ND8 QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density 0.9 and Circular Polarizer Filter (3-Stop)
The PolarPro 46mm ND8 QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density 0.9 and Circular Polarizer Filter (3-Stop) is a filter that combines together a neutral density effect with a circular polarizer effect. The neutral density effect aids in darkening the image allowing you to use a wider aperture or slower shutter speed. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you can control the depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
Simultaneously, this filter can help to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges and filters this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
This filter is constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, 16 layers of anti-reflection coatings offer scratch protection to the filter substrate while promoting clarity and color fidelity. The coatings associated with the filter also result in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil, allowing for more efficient cleaning.
The quartz glass is set within a brass filter ring with side knurlings. Together, the brass material and knurlings prevent jamming and provide additional strength, as well as a textured grip when mounting or removing this filter from a lens.
- 0.9 neutral density filter effect darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing an 8x filter factor with a 3-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
- Polarizing filter effect arranges and filters directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors
- Strongest polarization effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun
- Circular polarizer effect is ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses, where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features
- Constructed from quartz glass for enhanced durability
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while promoting clarity as well as color fidelity
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength
- Filter ring can be rotated to adjust the intensity of the polarization effect
- 46mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Side knurlings provide a textured grip when mounting or removing from a lens
- Plastic filter case and padded pouch for storage and transport
- Microfiber cloth for cleaning and maintenance
- PolarPro 46mm ND8 QuartzLine Solid Neutral Density 0.9 and Circular Polarizer Filter (3-Stop)
- Filter Case
- Filter Pouch
- Cleaning Cloth
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
PolarPro QuartzLine Specs