- Paypal Credit
LaCie Rugged Triple Interface USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive (Various Sizes)
- USB 3.0
- FireWire 800
- Transfer Rate of Up to 80MB/s
- 5400rpm Disk Speed
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Rugged Protection
The LaCie Rugged Triple Interface USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive is a rough-and-tumble ready, high-speed, ultra-portable hard drive. In terms of protection, it features the famous orange, rubberized, shock-resistant exterior sleeve; aluminum anti-scratch casing; internal rubber bumpers; and a 1000g shock-resistant hard drive. Built to military specifications, you can be sure that the drive is protected from damage that can occur during daily use. If off, the drive can withstand drops of up to 2 meters.
The drive features a 5400rpm disk speed and can connect to your computer via the super-fast USB 3.0 port or via one of two FireWire 800 ports.* The USB 3.0 port is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 and the FireWire 800 ports are backwards compatible with FireWire 400. With the included software suite, you can setup the drive, establish AES 256-bit encryption on the drive, automatically backup your computer's data, and save up to 10GB of data online. The software also includes an Automatic Eco mode that lowers the drive's power consumption by 40% when it's not in use.
Note: * USB 3.0 for Mac is possible if you download the appropriate driver from LaCie and have installed their USB 3.0 Mac-compatible ExpressCard/34 in your computer. See the specs tab for more info as well as LaCie's website
Triple Interface for the Best Performance
- LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Disk provides universal connectivity: you've got the superior speeds of USB 3.0 and FireWire 800, and full backward compatibility with FireWire 400 and USB 2.0
- You can transfer a 700MB video file in less than 7 seconds with USB 3.0, compared to 25 seconds with USB 2.0. Additionally, you can use the LaCie Mac USB 3.0 Driver to improve data transfer speed on your Mac (up to a 30% performance increase compared to FireWire 800)
Four Levels of Rugged Protection
The drive conforms to military standard 810-F, and can support drops from up to two meters. It helps you carry your files with confidence, no matter where the road takes you, thanks to its shock-absorbing sleeve, aluminum anti-scratch casing, internal rubber bumpers, and a 1000g shock-resistant hard drive. Calculations are based on average read time.
Fifth Level of Data Security
LaCie AES 256-bit encryption software comes standard with the Rugged Triple. We've made it easy for you to create a password-protected area on your drive where you can securely store all of your confidential information.
User-Friendly Software Suite Included
The Rugged Triple also offers easy setup and automatic backup on both PC and Mac computers. It also features an automatic Eco mode that lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use, increasing the battery life of your notebook. In addition, you get 10GB of Wuala Online Storage included for one year to securely store and share your data online.
The full list of software for PC and Mac included with the drive is as follows:
- Easy setup (LaCie Setup Assistant)
- Automatic backup (LaCie Backup Assistant)
- AES 256-bit encryption: LaCie Private-Public software with password protection
- Automatic Eco mode: lowers the power consumption by up to 40% when not in use (may vary from one drive to another)
- 10GB Wuala Secure Online Storage (1 year included)
- LaCie Rugged Triple Hard Drive
- USB 3.0 Cable (USB 2.0-Compatible)
- FireWire 800 cable
- Quick Install Guide
- LaCie 3 Year Limited Warranty