G-Technology 18TB G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array Drive w/ Two ev Bay Adapters
- 6 x 3TB 7200 rpm 3.5" Hard Drives
- 6 x 3.5" SATA Drive Bays
- 2 x Evolution (ev) Series Drive Bays
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10
- Pre-Configured in RAID 5
- Data Transfer Rates: up to 1,200 MB/s
- Designed for Use in the Field
- Thunderbolt Cable Included
- Windows & Mac Compatible
The G-Technology 18TB G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array Drive w/ Two ev Bay Adapters is built with a transportable design that helps make it suitable for use in the field, whether on-location or on-set, with its removable door and top-mounted handle. It supports 4K and beyond workflows and its six 3.5" drive bays are equipped with 7200 rpm Enterprise-class SATA hard drives in a 6 x 3TB configuration that support data transfer rates up to 1,200 MB/s. This array comes pre-configured in RAID 5, which provides a good balance of performance and data redundancy, but is also able to be configured as RAID 0, 1, 6, and 10, each of which provides performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both.
In addition to the six 3.5" drive bays, this array also has two Evolution (ev) Series drive bays that support ev Series drive modules. If there is data that needs to be copied off the array's 3.5" drives, it can be copied to the ev Series modules, which may then be removed from the array and transported or mailed with more ease than a 3.5" drive. ev Series modules man also be used to adapt memory cards, such as the RED MINI-MAG, so that content may be transferred to and from the array.
The G-SPEED Shuttle XL is compatible with both Windows and Mac systems and achieves connectivity with its dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, each of which provides bi-directional transfer speeds of up to 20 Gb/s. While one of the Thunderbolt 2 ports is used to connect to your host system, the other may be used for daisy chaining Thunderbolt-compatible devices together, including additional storage, displays, and docks. This array may be operated in horizontal or vertical orientations, includes a Thunderbolt cable and a power cord, and is protected by a limited 3-year warranty.
- Transportable design, optional integration in a separately sold protective case
- Up to 18TB (6 x 3TB) of total storage capacity
- Six 3.5" drive bays
- Two Evolution (ev) Series drive bays
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy chaining devices
- User configurable in RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and 10
- Pre-configured in RAID 5
- Data transfer rates up to 1,200 MB/s
- Removable 7200 rpm Enterprise-class SATA hard drives