- Paypal Credit
Filmtools Teenie Weenie Cardellini Triangulation Kit
- Helps reduce harmonic vibration when mounted
- Vacuum cup features a plunger with a red line vacuum indicator
- Powr-Grip vacuum cups effeciently remove air between the pad and attaching surface
- Drastically reduced unwanted movement and distortion
Teenie Weenie Cardellini Triangulation Kit helps reduce harmonic vibration that can occur when cameras mounted on the Gripper Camera Mounts encounter jolts from rough roads, or wind at high speeds.
Most camcorders are made of plastic- that's a given, and even though the camera has a threaded steel receptacle, the camera will flex, even when mounted solidly to a tripod...it's just the nature of plastic. The combined weakness of the camera's structure and the resonate and harmonic vibrations that occur with all moving vehicles can result in a less than solid image. Don't get us wrong... we've received rave reviews on our Gripper series camera mounts, but if you want to rig your cameras like the pros do, you'll want to triangulate the load.
All of the camera's weight is supported by the Gripper Camera Mount, but due to vibration, support of the roll, pitch and yaw axis need support. By placing two mini-rods at a 45 degree vertical angle and at 90 degrees horizontally to each other, the unwanted movement is drastically reduced. Your structure is now solid.
Now you're ready to roll!
Note: The Camera and camera mount pictured are not included.
Vacuum cups employ the force of atmospheric pressure to grip a surface: When a vacuum exists between the cup and the surface on which it is attached, the weight of Earth's atmosphere holds the cup in place with incredible force. Unlike suction cups that produce a vacuum as they pull away from the surface, Powr-Gripﾮ vacuum cups use a hand-actuated pump to efficiently remove air from between the rubber pad and the attaching surface--thus creating a much more reliable hold. Because the full face of the pad is brought into contact with the surface, distortion is reduced, allowing the cup to be used on materials of almost any thickness with little risk of damage.
The vacuum cup's pump features a plunger with a red line, which serves as a vacuum indicator. Introduced by Wood's Powr-Grip in the 1960's, this safety device is still recognized as one of the most reliable warning systems available. A few strokes of the plunger evacuate the vacuum pad, causing it to seal securely to the attaching surface. When the cup is attached completely, the plunger stops moving and the red line is hidden within the pump. A visible red line indicates that air has leaked back into the pad, making vacuum insufficient to use the cup. However, if the red line becomes visible while the cup is in use, a check valve allows the user to repump the cup without losing the remaining vacuum.
Lifting on the release tab near the edge of the pad allows air to refill the evacuated space, so that the vacuum cup detaches completely.
Guide to Maintenance, Troubleshooting, and Repair
- 1x Item# 4159 Cardellini Mini Cardellini 3/8-16" Spud
- 2x Item# 6581 Wood's Cup w/ 3/8-16 Spud 4.5"
- 2x Item# 13757 Solid Aluminum Black Rod 3/8"x 24"
- 2x Item# 13753 Solid Aluminum Black Rod 3/8"x 3"
- 1x Item# 13754 Solid Aluminum Black Rod 3/8"x 6"
- 4x Item# 16854 Matthews MICROgrip Head
- 1x Item# 15934 Filmtools Teenie-Weenie 3/8"-16 Coupler
- 2x Item# 16517 Filmtools 3/8-16"x1-3/4" Plated Coupler
- 3x Item# 8230 3/8-16 Low-Profile Jam Nut
- 7x Item# 16964 3/8-16 Acorn Nut N/P