Canon EOS C200 PL Mount Cinema Camera
- Super 35mm CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC DV 6 Processors
- DCI & UHD 4K, 1920 x 1080
- 59.94/50/29.97/25/24/23.98p & 120p in HD
- Canon Raw Light, MP4, MP4 Sub-Recording
- Rotating 4" LCD Monitor, Camera Grip
- Integrated EVF, 2 x XLR Audio Inputs
- 1 x CFast Card, 2 x SD Card Slots
- SDI, HDMI, Ethernet Connectors
The Canon EOS C200 PL Mount Cinema Camera features a built-in EVF, 4" LCD screen, top handle, and a Super 35mm CMOS sensor. The PL lens mount on the EOS C200 offers compatibility with virtually all 35mm PL-mount lenses, both vintage and modern, although it does not incorporate pins for electronic communication with or control of the lens.
The Super 35mm sensor is paired with Canon's Dual DIGIC DV 6 image processor, allowing it to capture and record up to DCI 4K resolution. The Canon EOS C200 PL Mount Cinema Camera can also record Canon's Cinema Raw Light internally via its single CFast card slot. The camera incorporates two SD card slots for recording UHD 4K and HD MP4 video. A built-in EVF enables the camera to maintain a small footprint when you shoot. However, the included removable 4" LCD screen, top handle, and camera grip make the Canon EOS C200 PL Mount Cinema Camera versatile for larger shoots. You can output video via the camera's SDI output, and the built-in XLR connectors provide two channels of audio at line, mic, and mic +48V level. A built-in Ethernet connector provides input/output control.
Modeled on the Super 35mm motion picture film standard, the Canon CMOS sensor has an active image size of 24.4 x 13.5mm. It features 4096 x 2160 resolution to deliver Cine 4K images, as well as supporting Ultra HD (3840 x 2160), and Full HD (1920 x 1080). The C200 features a dynamic range of approximately 13 stops, and an ISO range of 160 to 25,600. You can also select an expanded ISO range of 100 to 102,400. It supports Wide DR Gamma, Canon Log, and Canon Log 3.
Built directly into the C200 are two XLR audio inputs with +48V phantom power, and a 3.5mm microphone terminal. Audio is recorded uncompressed in 16-bit PCM format at 48 kHz for high fidelity sound. Both XLR inputs, as well as the mic terminal, have the option for automatic as well as manual gain control.
- Normal playback, fast-forward (at speeds of 5x, 15x, 60x), fast-reverse (at speeds of 5x, 15x, 60x), frame forward, frame reverse, rec review.
- You can choose to record at 120/100p when recording in Full HD.
- Slow motion recording, pre-recording, frame recording, interval recording