Canon EOS C100 Mark II Cinema Camera
Canon Financial 24 Month 0% & 36 Month 1.99% Interest Lease Business Program. Offer ends: December 31, 2018
- Super 35mm 8.3MP CMOS Sensor + EF Mount
- 1920x1080p 59.94/50/29.97/25/23.98
- Built-In Dual Pixel CMOS AF Hardware
- AVCHD + MP4 Recording
- Dual SDHC/SDXC Media Card Slots
- HDMI Output with Timecode & Canon Log
- ISO 320 to 102,400
- Canon Log and Wide DR Gamma
- Two XLR Audio Connectors
- Built-In 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz WiFi Capability
The Canon EOS C100 Mark II Camera is Canon's updated version of the C100 designed for event videographers, documentarians, and independent filmmakers. It incorporates the continuous autofocus function compatible with all Canon autofocus lenses, using Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology. This new feature provides faster and more accurate autofocusing to assist users when operating with small crews.
The Canon EOS C100 Mark II Camera also adds a variety of upgraded features including face detection AF, MP4 recording, additional frame rates when recording in AVCHD and slow & fast motion options when recording in MP4. The Mark II also has an additional microphone on the camera body for recording sound when the top handle is removed. It incorporates a 3.5" OLED display with increased resolution, and the EVF is now almost twice as large as on the original C100 and tilts as well. The Mark II supports GPS, and features built-in wireless functionality. The HDMI output supports timecode, as does the original C100, but it also supports Canon Log LUT.
The EOS C100 Mark II uses the same Super 35mm Canon CMOS sensor as its big brother, the C300, but uses a Digic DV 4 processor. With an EF lens mount, the camera is compatible with the full range of Canon EF, EF-S, and EF Cinema lenses. This is particularly useful for DSLR shooters who have already invested in Canon lenses. The camera uses the AVCHD codec to record 1080p video up to 24 Mbps. It supports dual SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards which, thanks to the efficient AVCHD codec, allows you to record nearly three hours of HD video on a single 32GB card. For professional applications, you can also record clean, uncompressed 4:2:2 video with embedded timecode via the HDMI output.
- The ergonomic design of the EOS C100 Mark II is streamlined to support one-person shoots. Weighing only 2.2 pounds in its basic configuration, the camera's flexible modular design supports a variety of shooting styles. Additional features such as One-Shot AF and Push Auto Iris allow operators to spend less time checking camera settings and more time capturing cinematic footage.
- The continuous, nonstop recording function allows you to create In and Out points in the footage every time the START/STOP button is pressed. At this time, the continuous recording function is compatible with Grass Valley's EDIUS Pro 7 software.
- With an extended ISO range from 320 to 102,400, the EOS C100 Mark II is even more sensitive to light than its predecessor. This lets you shoot usable footage during low-light and night shoots, even when using available or ambient lighting as your main light source. Being able to operate under lower light levels means you can work quickly with smaller crews and resources, ideal for low-budget and independent filmmakers.