Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens
Canon Financial 24 Month 0% & 36 Month 1.99% Interest Lease Business Program. Offer ends: December 31, 2018
- Covers APS-C & Super 35 Sensor Sizes
- Suitable for 4K Image Capture
- 11-Blade Iris for Smooth Bokeh
- Geared Inner Focusing Reduces Breathing
- Easy-to-Read Engraved Markings
- 160° Rotation for Zoom
- 300° Rotation for Focus
- Weighs 12.8 lb
The Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens is a great option for the experienced and professional shooter. This easy-to-transport lens was designed with the quality and precision that Canon is known for throughout the industry. The Canon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens can accommodate a wide range of Canon cameras and fits snugly into your gear bag.
With a focal length range of 30-300mm, the 10x cinema zoom lens is designed to cover the longer end of the focal lengths typically required by cinematic productions, and its maximum telephoto length of 300mm puts it among the best in its class. (The other zoom lens in the line, the CN-E 14.5-60mm T2.6 L SP, covers the wider end.) Maximum aperture is a relatively fast T2.95 throughout much of its range, and the 11-blade iris enables a smooth bokeh for out-of-focus areas of the frame.
The lens was designed with working professionals in mind, with easy-to-read focus, zoom, and iris markings engraved into angled surfaces on both sides of the lens, so you can read the setting from either side of a camera – or from behind it. Depending on the production's needs, focus markings can be switched from standard to metric. The lens facilitates manual operation that's subtle, smooth, precise, and repeatable. Control rings are designed to provide and maintain the proper amount of resistance so you can operate with a consistent torque. The focus rotation angle is about 300°; for zoom, it's approximately 160°.
TheCanon CN-E 30-300mm T2.95-3.7 L SP PL Mount Cinema Zoom Lens complements the other lens in the line in more ways than just focal length range: Their shared 136mm front diameter, gear positions, and rotation angle make them almost "hot-swappable" when they're used with a shared matte box or follow focus.
- The 30-300mm focal length range of the lens covers a great portion of the range most commonly used in cinema shooting
- A single front lens diameter and uniform gear positions across the line of lenses eliminate the need to move or adjust accessories when switching between lenses
- Smaller and lighter than similar movie lenses of the same range, making them more comfortable to work with, hour after hour