Canon PL-Mount CN-E 15.5-47mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens with EF-Mount Conversion Parts
- 15.5 to 47 mm Focal length
- 1:2.8 at 15.5 to 47 mm Aperture range
- Great for travel
- PL Mount Lens
The Canon PL-Mount CN-E 15.5-47mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens with EF-Mount Conversion Parts is a professional camera lens that blends functionality with practicality. It is a great lens for both the professional shooter or the novice filmmaker looking for a lens that delivers robust results in terms of quality and connectivity.
The lens accompanies EF-Mount Conversion Parts and wide-angle focal length range for the Super 35mm format. The lens has markings on angled surfaces and on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read settings of the camera. This Canon PL-Mount CN-E 15.5-47mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens with EF-Mount Conversion Parts is equipped with control rings designed to maintain the proper amount of resistance with consistent operating torque, and a covered flange-back adjustment mechanism to meet numerous of production application needs. The Canon PL-Mount CN-E 15.5-47mm f/2.8 L SP/MOD Digital Cinema Zoom Lens with EF-Mount Conversion Parts fulfills contemporary 4K production standards and surpasses the performance requirements of any HD imaging system. It features advanced optical design with fluorite and large aspherical lens elements to achieve sharp, consistent images throughout the zoom range. The innovative glass construction counteracts barrel expansion and contraction to avoid temperature-induced marking discrepancies. It also incorporates geared inner focusing to minimize focus-induced changes in the angle of view, reducing focus breathing virtually to zero.
The Cinema Zoom lens is light and small in size but offers consistent form factor and markings optimized for motion picture production. Sharing the same gear position, diameter and rotation angle, and front diameter-the lens’ compatibility with third-party accessories allows crews to easily change between any 2 lenses without making adjustments to the rig setup. This PL mount lens can be converted to EF mount, by using the included EF mount conversion kit.
With good resolution, this lens is ready for 4K cameras. From the center of the screen to the edges, image rendering is good, with minimal distortion. This wide-angle zoom lens maintains ample image brightness (T-number: 2.8) that does not change with zooming. Easy-to-Read Controls: Focus, zoom, and iris markings are provided on angled surfaces. These markings are easier to read from behind the camera.
- Minimizes focus-induced changes in the angle of view.
- Smaller and lighter to meet a variety of shooting needs.
- A covered flange-back adjustment mechanism is included, with broadcast applications in mind.
- Uniform gear positions within the same categories eliminate the need for accessory gear position adjustment when switching lenses.
- Supports industry-standard Super 35mm equivalent and APS-C formats.
- Lenses are marked on both sides. This makes markings visible from either side of the lens.
- Control rings maintain the right amount of resistance while offering good usability with consistent operating torque.