HP LTO-6 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 400MB/s, storing, encrypting and protecting up to
6.25TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
With HP TapeAssure customers can be confident that their data is safe by monitoring drive and media utilization, operational performance and life/health information for drive and media.
Data hardware encryption using AES 256-bit provides easy-to-enable security to protect the most sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access of tape cartridges.
Linear Tape File System (LTFS) is an open format for storing data on tape that makes LTO-6 tapes self-describing and file-based.
Capable of data transfer rates up to 400 MB/sec, HPs exclusive Data Rate Matching further optimizes performance by matching host system speed to keep drives streaming, thus enabling the fastest tape performance.
- Up to 6.25TB Capacity compressed (2.5TB native)
- Transfer speed up to 400MB/s
- Uniquely colored cartridges assists with identification in mixed media
environments (LTO 6 is purple)
- Very low cost per GB
- LTO cartridge memory in media to improve access time and provide enhanced
- Durable catridge designed to minimize wear and debris
- Tested to extremes in HP's media laboratory to a level of specification
unique to Hewlett-Packard. Many of the test procedures required for HP brand
qualification (e.g. drop testing or environmental stress testing ) are
not required for the LTO Ultrium logo.
- Hardware-based encryption for compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security