Item # GF-EXT-USB2.0-LR
Gefen # EXT-USB2.0-LR
Be the first to Write a Review
- *If you need a large quantity of this item, or order this on a very frequent basis, click here or call 1-866-333-6882 for a custom quote.
Extend USB 2.0 over CAT5 up to 330 feet (100m) -- quickly and economicallyGefen's USB 2.0 LR extends high-speed USB devices over a single CAT-5e cable, up to 330 feet/100 meters.
The compact USB 2.0 LR Sender/Receiver units install in minutes and support USB versions 1.1 and 2.0 - essential for high-performance applications such as digital imaging and interactive gaming.
The two-port USB 2.0 hub that is built into the Receiver unit is ideal for remotely accessing laser printers, scanners, external hard drives, CD/DVD burners, flash drives, and standard resolution web cams.
Applications such as Remote Desktop (keyboard/mouse) extension, security, industrial control, digital signage control, and scientific data acquisition are all made possible thanks to EXT-USB2.0-LR''s universal implementation of USB standards.
How It WorksGefen''s USB 2.0 LR Sender unit connects to the host (for example, a computer). The Receiver unit is connected to USB device(s) at the desired extended location. A CAT-5 cable is installed between the two modules. The 5V power supply is attached to the Receiver. Any USB device(s) plugged into the Receiver are now seen by the host.
LEDs on the Sender and Receiver units indicate power, CAT-5 link status, and data transmission activity.
Gefen''s USB 2.0 LR supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux. No software drivers are required.
A powered USB hub may be connected to the USB 2.0 Extender LR Receiver to allow more USB devices to be extended. A maximum of 14 USB devices (including hubs) may be connected to the USB 2.0 LR Receiver.
- Operate USB 2.0 peripherals up to 330ft (100m) from a computer
- Supports low and high-speed USB
- Uses industry-standard CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 cable
- Supports all major operating systems -- Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- True plug-and-play, 100% hardware solution with no drivers required
- Operates at full 480 Mbps speed when running in USB 2.0 mode
- Receiver supports up to 2 USB powered connections at 500 mA each
- USB 2.0 Speed: 480 Mbps
- Link Connector (Sender/Receiver): RJ-45 Shielded
- USB Connector (Sender): (1) USB type B
- USB Connectors (Receiver): (2) USB type A
- Two 500 mA DC powered USB ports at Receiver
- Power Supply (Sender/Receiver): 5V DC, locking
- Power Consumption (Max): 2.5W (Sender) 10W(Receiver)
- Operating Temperature: +32°F to +122°F (0°C to +50°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (Sender/Receiver): 3.7" x 1.4" x 1.8" (94mm x 36mm x 46mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.
- (1) USB 2.0 Extender over CAT5 LR - Sender unit (EXT-USB2.0-LRS)
- (1) USB 2.0 Extender over CAT5 LR - Receiver unit (EXT-USB2.0-LRR)
- (2) 5V DC Power Supplies (EXT-PS526AIP-LP)
- (1) 6 ft. USB Cable (CAB-USB-6)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-USB2.0-LR)