Item # GF-EXT-HD-DSMP
Gefen # EXT-HD-DSMP
Be the first to Write a Review
- *If you need a large quantity of this item, or order this on a very frequent basis, click here or call 1-866-333-6882 for a custom quote.
HD Digital Signage Media Player
Powerful, Full Screen Digital Signage Playback at an economical price. The HD Digital Signage Media Player provides an effective means to play and schedule digital signage content with both digital and analog connections. By connecting the HD Digital Signage Media Player to a network, content can be "pushed" to the box using a computer and FTP client program. When a more elaborate setup is required, a number of units can be configured to "pull" content from a local or external FTP server based on a schedule.
The HD Digital Signage Media Player acts as both an FTP client and server with live logging of various important statistics, such as playback, system status, and uploaded content. The HD Digital Signage Media Player provides an intuitive directory and file structure that can easily be created and maintained by any text-based editing program. This allows you to concentrate on the important task of content creation.
Many audio and video file formats are supported with NTSC and PAL output resolutions up to 1080p Full HD. HDMI, Composite, and Component outputs with separate analog and digital audio outputs provide flexibility when connecting to various displays. Two USB 2.0 ports provide connection to the included USB flash drive or to an external hard drive.
For precise time synchronization, the HD Digital Signage Media Player can be set up to access an external NTP server.
The HD Digital Signage Media Player enclosure features integrated mounting brackets for a secure installation on any flat surface or directly to the back of the display.
For complete management of multiple devices in multiple locations, Gefen provides a CMS (Content Management Software) solution which can be run in a virtual environment. The Gefen CMS will allow you to easily manage all of your units in the field from any compatible browser with access to logs, schedules, content, and playlists.
How It WorksThe HD Digital Signage Media Player can connect to a display using either analog or digital video connectors. Connect an HDMI, Component, or Composite cable between the HD Digital Signage Media Player and the display. If using the networking capabilities of the HD Digital Signage Media Player, connect your network cable to the Ethernet port.
Optionally, the digital or analog audio output connector can be used to connect the HD Digital Signage Media Player to an external audio processor or amplifier. Connect the included USB flash drive to the rear panel of the unit.
Connect the 12V DC power supply to the unit and connect the AC power cord to an available electrical outlet.
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p Full HD
- HDMI, Component, and Composite A/V outputs active simultaneously
- Text-based scheduling and playlists using a text editor
- CMS for multiple units
- Supports MPEG 1/2/4, DivX 3/4/5/6, XVid, and H.264/AVC video codecs
- Supports MP3, MPEG, WMA, PCM, LPCM, ADPCM, FLAC, WAV, AAC, OGG, and MKA audio formats
- Wall-mountable enclosure for excellent heat dissipation and durability
- Integrated OSD Menu for device configuration
- Built-in FTP server and client
- Full media scheduling and accounting logs
- NTP client for time synchronization
- USB 2.0 ports used for storage
- Programmable PIN code prevents unauthorized access to OSD
- Compatible file systems: NTFS, FAT16/FAT32, EXT3, and HFS+
- IR remote control unitt
- HDMI Connector: (1) Type A, 19-pin, female
- Analog Video Output Connector: (1) Component, RCA-type
- Analog Video Output Connector: (1) Composite, RCA-type
- Analog Audio Output Connector: (1) L/R, RCA-type
- Digital Audio Output Connector: TOSLink
- Ethernet Connector: RJ-45 (10/100Mbps)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40&186;C
- Power Supply: 12V DC, 3A
- Power Consumption: 10W (max.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 8.4" x 1.6" x 5.1"
- (213 x 40 x 129)
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs. (1.8 kg)
- (1) Gefen HD Digital Signage Media Player
- (1) USB Flash Drive
- (1) 6 ft. HDMI locking cable (M-M)
- (1) USB Flash Drive
- (1) IR Remote Control Unit
- (1) 12 V DC Power Supply (EXT-PS12U3AIP)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide